'I only went out for a walk and finally concluded to stay out 'til sundown, for going out, I found was really going in.' John Muir

I've seen the top of Everest (from a long way off), smelled the breath of a whale (from way too close) and lived on a boat in Greece (for a few years), but I continue to experience some of my most precious moments right outside my backdoor.

If comments are proving difficult to do, please email me; sleepysparrow@yahoo.co.uk

Friday 30 November 2012

Different Views


Yesterday, under an icy sky, I did a twirl on top of Moel y Gaer, an Iron Age hillfort about 10 minutes from my house - and as I twirled I took in -  Blackpool Tower, snow-capped mountains in the Lake District, two Liverpool Cathedrals, the Rivers Dee and Mersey, Beeston Castle, half the Clwydian Range (and a few more hill forts), a tantalizing view of snowy Snowdonia and a ferry making its way to Ireland.  Phew!
       A Kestrel shared the hill with me, but he spent the whole time looking down, for the ultra violet glow of vole’s urine.  I’ll stick to Blackpool Tower thanks very much.
         
                               

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Amazing views! And only 10 mnutes walk away. It takes me an hour to get to the top of my mountain. I must be a slow walker

Anonymous said...

Lovely twirlings!